Devastation & slaughter await…
The Altrincham Gaming Club are proud to present AltiBash IV – A Kings of War Tournament. We return to the war-torn lands of Mantica for battles between good and evil.
Who will be crowned King of War?
Kings of War Tournament, Altrincham Gaming Club, Saturday 1st July 2017.
- Lists to be submitted to Kev Honeysett ( firstname.lastname@example.org) by Midnight Wednesday 28th June. Please be aware there will be a tournament point deduction for late entries (see Bonuses/Penalties section).
- Four game, swiss style tournament with chess clocks.
- 2 x 45 minute games at 1800 points
- 2 x 55 minute games at 2200 points
- Each player is expected to bring a chess clock or phone app (such as the free iPhone app by chess.com).
- KoW Version 2 Rules, Uncharted Empires, Rules Committee Published FAQs and CoK 2017 Organised Play Supplement will be used.
- Price: £15.00 per registrant (via PayPal)
- A cold lunch will be included (please advise of any dietary requirements)
- Free tea and coffee and selected soft drinks will be available throughout the day.
- Prizes will be awarded for the top three finishers, for best army appearance (players choice) and for the coveted wooden spoon.
- We will be using open lists for this tournament
|08:30-09:15||Venue Opens & Registration|
|09:40-11:10||Game 1 - 1800pts, 45mins|
|11.25–12.55||Game 2 - 1800pts, 45mins|
|12:55-13:25||Lunch & 'Best Army' Votes|
|13:35-15:25||Game 3 - 2200pts, 55mins|
|15:40-17:30||Game 4 - 2200pts, 55mins|
|17:30-18:00||Results & Awards Presentation|
Army Composition & Special Rules
You must submit two force lists (1800 and 2200 points)
You must retain a minimum of 1600 points of units within your 2200 point list. You
cannot remove artefacts or options from a retained unit but you
may add to them.
e.g. A unit you wish to use at both 1800 and 2200 points has no artefacts or options (fly, mount, spells etc.) in the 1800 point list, you may spend points in the 2200 points list to add these. Though, if you had already paid for artefacts, you may not remove/change them.
Each list must abide by the normal list composition rules, including Clash of Kings modifications as follows;
- Within your main force, you cannot select the same unit entry of type War Engine, Hero or Monster more than two times at 1800 points, or three times at 2200 points.
- You may take up to 450 points of allies in your 1800 point list and up to 550 points in your 2200 point list.
- If you include allies, you cannot select the same allied unit entry of type War Engine, Hero (all types) or Monster more than once.
- Magic artefacts cannot be given to any allied units you take.
After a game Tournament Points (TP) will be assigned based on the result as follows:
Players may then score bonus TPs based on the total points cost of enemy units routed.
|Total point cost of enemy units routed (Kill Points)||Bonus Points|
|1800pt Game||2200pt Game|
In the event of a time out, the player must immediately put down all dice and may make no further rolls for the remainder of the game. If there are any unresolved combats, then all charging units bounce back 1” as if failing to rout the enemy.
During the remainder of the game, the player may not issue any order or roll any further dice, including for rules such as regeneration.
Timed out players will also receive a -1 TP penalty.
Late list submission will be penalised 1 TP per day after due date (max 3 TP).
Armies meeting a 3 colour minimum paint and basing standard will gain 2 bonus TPs. There will be no penalisation for unpainted miniatures.
Final tournament placing will be decided on TPs, with cumulative kill points used in the event of a tie.
Scenarios will be announced on the day and may include the new scenarios from the CoK Organised Play Book. We will provide printouts of scenario rules on the day.
Prizes will be awarded for first, second, third and the wooden spoon based on total TPs. The following tie breakers will apply in order:
- Total attrition score
- Result of the game between the players
- Dice roll!
There will also be a prize for the best painted/appearance, based on player vote.
Prizes and support is made possible by our amazing sponsors. Please take a minute to check out their websites:
Crowd at the Table
If one player feels discomfort with amount of spectators present at their table, they may request them to step aside. If this is unsatisfactory to both players then the TO must be called who will make a decision. There is the possibility of penalisation of TPs if a resolution cannot be found.
There is no sportsmanship prize but we expect all players to behave in an appropriate and adult manner, showing respect for their opponents, the venue and the TO. Please attempt to address any issues between yourselves at the table, however if this does not resolve the issue then complaints about behaviour should be directed to the TO. The TO reserves the right to deduct TPs for persistent poor sportsmanship.
Players making a donation of £5 or more to our chosen charity will receive 1 black and 1 white re-roll tokens. Both are one use only and you may only play 1 token per game. Both players may play tokens on the same die
- A white token allows you to re-roll up to two of your dice.
- A black token forces your opponent to re-roll up to two of their dice.
Tokens may be used for first turn and for choosing sides but not for turn 7. Re-rolls from tokens ignore the usual ‘cannot re-roll a re-roll’ rule.
We will be using the Clash of Kings organised play book rule amendments, summarised as follows:
- Bane Chant will only grant or improve Piercing if two or more hits are scored from the same casting.
- When targeting enemy units in cover with Breath Attack, Fireball or Lightning Bolt hit on 5+ instead of 4+
- Fly: While Disordered, units lose the Fly special rule including the Nimble that it grants. If the unit has Nimble via another method (e.g. Individual or Wine of Elvenkind) then they will remain Nimble while Disordered
- Empire of Dust: Ahmunite Pharaoh is reduced to Def 5+
- Undead: Cursed Pharaoh and Vampire are reduced to Def 5+
- Nightstalkers: Fiends have their Nerve reduced to Regt 12/15 Horde 15/18
- Nightstalkers: Mindscreech has its Nerve reduced to 14/17
- Ratkin: Death Engine has its Def reduced to 4+ if the Vile Sorcery upgrade is taken
- Varanguar: Herja’s Judgement special rule is replaced with the following: “This is a ranged attack that can be used once per game. It follows the same rules as a Heal (5) that can be used on any friendly non-allied unit on the board, regardless of range or Line of Sight”
- Salamanders: The following units have Vicious: Kaisenor Lancers, Fire Drake, Clan Lord, Clan Lord on Fire Drake
- Trident Realms: The following units have Ensnare: Placoderms, Placoderm Defender, Riverguard, Riverguard Captain, Nokken
- Orcs: The following units have Fury: Fightwagons, Morax, Krudger, Krudger on Slasher, Krudger on Gore Chariot, Gakamak
- Loot Counters: While carrying one or more loot counters, units cannot use the Fly or Nimble special rules (they do retain their speed values though!). In addition Loot counters cannot be taken off of the board.
- War Engines and units with the individual special rule cannot capture/control objectives or score points in determining who has won a scenario
- The Dominate and Invade scenarios from the main rulebook plus some new scenarios from the CoK supplement (see below) will use Unit Strengths to determine winner:
- 0 = Individuals & War Engines
- 1 = Troops, Heroes without the Individual rule, Monsters and any unit with a Height of 0
- 2 = Regiments
- 3 = Hordes or Legions
- The following artefacts cannot be taken - Ensorcelled Armour, Brew of Keen-eyeness, Medallion of Life
- The following new artefacts may be taken – Healing Brew, Sparkstone, Helm of the Ram, Blood of the Old King, Banner of the Griffin, Dragonshard Shield, Hammer of Measured Force, Lute of Insatiable Darkness, Zephyr Crown, Shroud of the Saint.
- The following new Spells may be taken by any non-living legend that either has a spell or has an option to take spells – Weakness, Bloodboil, Soul Drain.
Venue & Directions
The Tournament will be held at:
St George's Parish Church
The venue can be a little difficult to find so please use the following postcode for sat nav (WA14 4DN) and the directions below.
In the event of getting lost or delayed please contact either:
- Andy Sharp (07551545451)
- Kev Honeysett (07793227659)
Travelling most directions you will come along the M56 towards Manchester airport. Leave the motorway and turn onto the A56 to Altrincham. Turn left off of the A56 onto a cobbled road (Albert place) beside the Old Market Tavern pub, 50 yards up the hill on your right is Church lane, we are at the end of this narrow lane.